Saturday, October 18, 2008

First cycle of chemo done!

So, the two treatments in the first round of chemo are officially done! Only five more cycles (ten treatments) left to go, then a month off, then a month of radiation five days a week, then presumably done, done, done.

This time around was a little rougher than the first time around, but I guess that's to be expected. My white blood cell count was super low, so I had to get a shot to boost white blood cell production. I also have to be super careful about the foods I eat and stuff like that. Erin and Kim came and kept me company at chemo this time around, which was much appreciated!

Also, the hair-cutting and dying and wig buying is now officially chronicled on facebook (have you vorn vigs? ahhahaha that's never gonna get old, Emma [E.]!). Too many Emmas. Henceforth, Emma W is Emma and Emma E is Thingy. I am very grateful for the influx of notecards and well-wishes and trinkets that are coming in from people everywhere. Thanks guys! I was especially happy to get a note card from my fellow Pathfinders 08 and a super cool photo frame from Emma.

Alright, time for me to head to bed. The Ativan is kicking in!

No comments: